The School of Arts and Humanities is home to six departments, two institutes, two centers and a program.See all that we have to offer
Find your PATH
The PATH program supports transfer students studying in the Arts and Humanities.How Does It Work?
Foundational. Transferable. Enduring.
- We teach students to think critically, express creatively and communicate clearly — skills favored by employers.
- We are listed among the top 23 in subject area rankings (U.S. News & World Report Global University Rankings).
- We help students make sense of the world and imagine the future.
The School At a Glance
- 1,540 undergraduates
- 435 Ph.D. and MFA graduate students
- 100 + undergraduate majors and graduate programs
- 373 academic, instructional and research faculty
- 23,000 alumni
Join us at Triton Days!
Were you accepted to UC San Diego? Join in the complete campus experience. Triton Day festivities are held April 5, 6 and 8 for first-year students, and May 3, 4 and 6 for transfer students.
School Newsletter: Arts and Humanities Moments
Stay up to date with the latest accomplishments, news and events from the School of Arts and Humanities.
The Engine of Creative Innovation
Armed with foundational knowledge, transferable skills and enduring experience, Arts and Humanities graduates don’t just impact the workforce — they leave a dent. With your philanthropic support of the school, we can make waves for the greater good.
Have an update for our website? Use the online form