Foundational. Transferable. Enduring.
- We teach students to think critically, express creatively and communicate clearly — skills favored by employers.
- We are listed among the top 23 in subject area rankings (U.S. News & World Report Global University Rankings).
- We help students make sense of the world and imagine the future.
The School At a Glance
- 1,540 undergraduates
- 435 Ph.D. and MFA graduate students
- 100 + undergraduate majors and graduate programs
- 373 academic, instructional and research faculty
- 23,000 alumni
The first five years
“We believe we are making genuine progress toward developing socially responsible science, now and in the years to come,” write Institute for Practical Ethics co-directors Craig Callender and John H. Evans in this five-year report.
Arts and Humanities Moments
Stay up to date with the latest accomplishments, news and events from the School of Arts and Humanities through our digital magazine.
The Engine of Creative Innovation
Armed with foundational knowledge, transferable skills and enduring experience, Arts and Humanities graduates don’t just impact the workforce — they leave a dent. With your philanthropic support of the school, we can make waves for the greater good.
Have an update for our website? Use the online form