The Ethical and
Policy Implications of AI
David Danks, professor in the Department of Philosophy and Halıcıoğlu Data Science Institute, shares his expertise in artificial intelligence at the March 6, 2024 keynote event.Learn More & RSVP
Foundational. Transferable. Enduring.
- We teach students to think critically, express creatively and communicate clearly — skills favored by employers.
- We are listed among the top 23 in subject area rankings (U.S. News & World Report Global University Rankings).
- We help students make sense of the world and imagine the future.
The School At a Glance
- 1,540 undergraduates
- 435 Ph.D. and MFA graduate students
- 100 + undergraduate majors and graduate programs
- 373 academic, instructional and research faculty
- 23,000 alumni
March 6: The Ethical and Policy Implications of AI
The Institute for Practical Ethics invites you to the annual keynote event featuring David Danks. Danks, a UC San Diego professor in the Department of Philosophy and Halıcıoğlu Data Science Institute, is an expert at the intersection of philosophy, cognitive science and machine learning. He serves on multiple boards, including the United States National AI Advisory Committee.
School "Moments" Newsletter
The School of Arts and Humanities distributes a digital newsletter quarterly, highlighting news and events from our departments and programs within.
The Engine of Creative Innovation
Armed with foundational knowledge, transferable skills and enduring experience, Arts and Humanities graduates don’t just impact the workforce — they leave a dent. With your philanthropic support of the school, we can make waves for the greater good.
Have an update for our website? Use the online form