The Dean of Arts and Humanities Travel Fund
The Dean of Arts and Humanities has established a travel fund for the purpose of supporting graduate student research.
Eligibility: Any graduate student in good standing within the Division of Arts and Humanities is encouraged to apply for travel support. Ph.D. students may receive no more than one grant per travel grant year and no more than two during their academic career at UCSD. Master’s students may receive no more than one grant during their time at UCSD pursuing that degree; should they continue in a Division of Arts and Humanities Ph.D. program, the earlier grant will count as one of the awards allotted for their career.
- Awards may be given for travel to professional meetings and conferences to present invited papers, posters and other scholarly work. The grant may be used for travel, lodging, registration fees, and related expenses in accordance with University travel policies.
- The maximum award amount is $300 per awardee per year.
- Applications should be submitted by clicking here to fill out the application.
- Department approval for the application is required for each submission.
- Applications are due by November 30, 2016 and April 30th, 2017, for travel between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Decisions regarding above due dates will be made by December 31, 2016 and May 15, 2017, respectively.
- Travel funds will be transferred to the student’s home department. The student’s home department is responsible for setting up travel events and processing reimbursements. If the proposed travel does not happen, the department must send the funds back to the Dean's Office.
If you have questions not addressed above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org